AT A GLANCE
|Course Conductor: Charles R. Poliquin, Carlos Castro
Location: Prague, Cz
Venue: Wolf Gate gym
Date: June 19th-21st, 2017
Time: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Regular Price: 2 ,997.00 USD
Early Bird Price: $2,497.00 USD
***Limited Time Only – Ends March 17th***
Book now and save $500.00
So you want to work with athletes?
Really? Don’t we all!
In this 3 day internship, you will learn the World Record setting methodology that coach Poliquin developed to train Olympic medalists in 18 different sports.
Stop wasting time, and learn from the best. Don’t to do the same mistakes, learn the best techniques from the start.
You must be able to execute/demonstrate the following lifts:
- Power Snatch
- Power Clean
- Front Squat
- Incline Press
You also must be able to execute basic plyometric drills.
This internship is both theory and practice. If you cannot do the given above lifts with proficiency, please not register, as you will be wasting your time and your classmates time. You will not be able to just watch. Want to be a strength coach? You must be able to participate in the hands on section.
This is box title
Assessing needs of the sport/athlete. I have worked with 24 sports over my career. There was no Internet for the first 18 years. You will learn how I figured it out before the Internet.
- Qualities of strength
- Energy System Requirements
- Administrative Concerns
All participants will have to a series of basic tests to assess their levels of strength qualities.
If you can’t do them, you should not show them.
- How to determine what your athlete really needs.
- How to deal with who pays the bill: management, agents, parents
- How to use testing to increase your market value as a strength coach.
DAY 2 - Improving Sprinting/Skating Speed
- Testing protocols for sprinting/skating speed
- How to determine the limiting factor in sprinting/skating performance
- Structural balance concepts in maximal sprinting/skating speed.
- Preparing the articulations for high torque movement.
- Protocols for overcoming inertia
- Developing record starts
- stride length vs stride frequency
- Improving jumping height and distance.
- Plyometrics: myths vs reality
- How to use eccentric training for speed development. ( Hands on workshop)
- Optimal ratios in bands/chain work
DAY 3 - Improving Throwing/Pitching/Punching Power
- Testing protocols for throwing/pitching power
- How to determine the limiting factor in throwing/pitching performance
- Preparing the rotator cuff and elbows for high velocity throwing/joint locks/punches.
- Training the prime movers for record velocity/length throws/pitches.
- Prevention of injuries for throwing events.
- Preparing the articulations for high torque jumping and landing.
- Training the prime movers for record height/length jumps
- Prevention of injuries for jumping events
LOCATION AND TIME
|Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Venue: Wolf Gate
193 00 Praha 9,
+420 720 536 986
+420 723 000 015
Class Schedule: 10h am to 6h pm
Dates: June 19th-21st, 2017
|Early Bird Price: $2,497.00 USD
Limited Time Offer – Ends on March 17th
Regular Price: $2,997.00 USD