Charles talks about the BAMBOO BENCH®, a gym apparatus designed to let the shoulder blades move freely allowing an increase in range in pressing exercises.
Stuttgart, Germany – Your Personal Strength Institute Gym
What is the BAMBOO BENCH®?
- This training device was invented by Bernd-Stoesslein
- Goal was to make an exercise that was safer for the shoulder blade and the entire shoulder
- When you press and lay on a normal flat bench, your scapula does not move through the full range
- Bernd thought of superimposing a half moon foam roller inside upholstery with Velcro straps – which allows you to move it from gym to gym and on different benches
What is the Biggest Advantage?
- Allows you to have full range when you do pressing exercises and preserve the health of your shoulders
- The surface of support is very small, so when you lay your spine on it, it allows your shoulder blades to move back further
- On the down movement, the shoulder blades move much more freely which allows the elbows to drop further which increases the stretch on the shoulder flexors and in the elbow extensors
- Initially you may feel unstable, but it will feel natural over time
Where can I get this?
- If you’re interested in shoulder health and longevity, order your bamboo bench here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See more videos on the Bernd’s website : Bernd-Soesslein
- The BAMBOO BENCH® is Made in Germany and hand made.
Charles R Poliquin.